Snowdonia on the James is a secluded property set on a bluff in the Horseshoe Bend of the James River near the historic town of Scottsville, Virginia. This charming handicapped accessible Eryri Cottage is the perfect accommodation for romantic weekend getaways, vacations, intimate weddings, honeymoons, business or medical/hospital stays, and University of Virginia parents or college weekend lodging.
Snowdonia is not your typical Virginia Bed and Breakfast, however an optional continental breakfast is offered to our guests.
Located in Central Virginia, just 20 miles south of Thomas Jefferson’s Charlottesville, Snowdonia provides easy access to such points of interest as:
- Charlottesville and the University of Virginia
- University of Virginia Medical Center and Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Monticello, Michie Tavern and Ash Lawn, Highland
- The Blue Ridge Mountains Parkway
- Many fine vineyards/wineries
- Historic civil war sites
- River canoeing, kayaking, tubing, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, and golfing
- The John Paul Jones Arena
- Located in Central Virginia, just 20 miles from Charlottesville, 30 miles from Wintergreen, 80 miles from Richmond, and 140 miles from Washington, DC.
|For Rates and Availability contact:
Jim & Teresa Radford
Snowdonia Ventures, LLC
P.O. Box 657,
17305 South Constitution Route 20,
Scottsville, Va. 24590
The Riverbluff Gazebo
|We think your home is a little piece of Ireland. There is vibrant foliage and the silence is remarkable. We have traveled many times to the U.S. and this has been, for us, the best. It's lovely to see the photographs of your parents in the living room and we feel a warmth and comfort in this home. This has been the most unwinding stay In America. Your locals have charmed us at every meeting and your home beckoned to us every night. A great holiday and a great rest. We will be back.
F. & O. W.
Thank you for the wonderful hospitality and kindness. The house is great and provided much comfort!
We had a wonderful time. The cabin is great and the peacefulness was wonderful. We will definitely consider this place again if we are in the area.
B. and K. B.